Think eye-catching shaped labels and intricate stickers are impossible? Not with LasX Contour Creations®.
The primary process used to create labels and stickers is kiss-cutting. In kiss-cutting, only the top level of material is cut through, leaving the backing material below untouched. Ideally, the cutting process should just “kiss” the surface of the lower material without damaging it.
LasX’s LaserSharp® systems are ideal for the laser kiss-cutting of label and sticker stock:
- Laser kiss-cutting is a non-contact process. As a result, adhesive layers can be easily cut without the down-time associated with cleaning adhesive buildup off of hard tooling.
- Unlimited cutting path. The cutting beam can be moved in any direction and cuts smoothly contoured lines and rounded corners, unlike traditional knives or saws.
- No tooling or dies gives you unparalleled accuracy and precision.
- Unparalleled depth control, ensuring consistent cut depth without burn-through.
- Easily create rounded or squared corners for shaped labels.
- Minimal discoloration of laser cut edges.
- A complete digital workflow solution: change parts as easily as modifying a file without worrying about costly down-time or delays.
- Simple integration with roll-fed or sheet-fed materials. Unlimited repeat lengths are available.
- Multiple processes—micro-perforations, through-cuts, kiss-cuts, scoring, etching—in a single processing run.
- High-volume production runs and cost-effective small batches can be processed at high speeds.